Welcome to YCS’ 2012 Pledge Page!
We’ve been working really hard to protect Yukon wilderness, watersheds and wildlife, and thanks to your help, we’re seeing the fruits of our labours.
The work never ends, and there just seems to be more work for us on the horizon as we look ahead to 2013. Here's the list of 2012 achievements (it's after the annual fund-raising appeal section: hint-hint).
So, as we look ahead, we look to you and kindly ask for your help, as you are able.
If you would like to make a charitable donation to YCS now, you can do so by calling YCS, or visit our download a donation form here. Otherwise, you can also make a secure on-line donation by going to www.canadahelps.org (or click on the link below) and choosing YCS from the Charities listings.
We are also looking for new members, so if you know anyone that would make a good YCSer, please tell us, and we’ll write to them.
Take action! Add your voice to the Yukon Conservation Society by becoming a member and/or a donor and/or volunteer for positive change. Check out the "And Here's What Some Members Are Saying" to become inspired.
If you would like to help with YCS’ fundraising efforts this year, please give us a call (867-668-5678) or send us an email.
Thank you all so much for your generous & continued support!
YCS is a non-government, non-profit, non-stop grassroots organization that needs your membership support! Members receive our informative newsletter, voting privileges at general meetings, and the satisfaction that comes from supporting an effective grassroots organization with over 40 years of experience at protecting our corner of the world!
NOTE to members: We’re looking for your feedback! Please complete our Members Survey.
Types of Memberships available:
|Individual Membership||$25.00/ year|
|Family Membership||$40.00/ year|
|Student Membership||$10.00/ year|
|Newsletter Subscriber||$25.00/ year (no voting privileges)|
|Corporate or Business Membership||$25.00/ year (no voting privileges)|
How to Join:
|Step 1:||Download the YCS Membership Form.|
|Step 2:||Mail a copy of your completed Membership Form with Membership Fee to:|
| Yukon Conservation Society
302 Hawkins Street
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 1X6 CANADA
|Step 3:||An official tax receipt for your membership fee and your free Walk Softly will appear in the mail, or contact us to become a volunteer or to learn more.|
Charitable organization # 05-86347-59-27
Why Donate or Volunteer?
Giving back is an important part of living in a community. Here in the Yukon, the natural world is part of our community. We enjoy space and solitude, living within wilderness, among wildlife, and celebrating indigenous cultural values and livelihoods sustained by the natural environment. Giving back to the land that supports us is an important investment in our community. One way to give back to the land is to donate or volunteer with YCS. As YCS is a registered charity, all financial donations to YCS are tax deductible.
Volunteering at YCS is also a great way to meet and spend time with people who share similar values, an interest in nature, and respect for the land.
Ways to Donate:
- ON-LINE: Go to: CanadaHelps.org to make a secure online donation to YCS. Please Note: * CanadaHelps retains a small admin fee for this service.
- BY MAIL: Download (coming soon) the YCS Donation Formand mail it in to YCS with your financial contribution.
- BY PHONE: Call YCS at 867-668-5678 and make a visa donation by phone.
- EVERY MONTH/QUARTERLY: Set up your visa, bank, or workplace for a regularly scheduled contribution.
- WILL IT! Consider a Legacy Gift in your Will. Let YCS know your plans.
- RECYCLE IT! Donate your recycling proceeds to YCS through our account at Raven Recycling.
- ON-LINE: reviewing YESAB assessments; research work for a variety of current issues, maintaining our website; and more.
- IN THE OFFICE: regular office support; data entry; sales inventory maintenance; office cleaning; household repairs; yard maintenance; etc.
- WATCHDOG: Keep an eye on the newspaper, listen to TV and radio news, attend public meetings, etc.
- PROJECT SPECIFIC: We have a number of projects related to current issues, public education, and environmental stewardship that could use your volunteer support behind the scenes or on the front lines. We also periodically host meetings and special events that need volunteer support.
- ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: We need help on the YCS Board, and on various Committees and Working Groups
- LET US KNOW WHAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH! Contact YCS today!
- JOIN OUR ACTION E-LIST! Email YCS and let them know you want to be added to the Action E-List today! You may receive a few emails a week with volunteer opportunities that may be of interest to you. It’s easy to join and just as easy to cancel if you decide it is too much. We also have a Members E-List that receives up to 2 emails a month. Let us know if you’d like to be added to either list.
- STAY INFORMED! Subscribe to the YCS Newsletter.
- COMPLETE OUR SURVEY
This page was last updated May 2nd 2013
I support the Yukon Conservation Society for its vision and dedicated work with Yukoners seeking a secure future built on an ongoing engagement amongst the different peoples sharing this place and a respectful stewardship of the land, forests, rivers and animals we live with. ~ Dave Neufeld
I believe the Yukon's strength is its wild places and vast wilderness. I recycle, I bike when I can, and I try to make responsible decisions about my environmental footprint. But I know that this is not enough to secure the future I want for the Yukon. So I give to YCS, knowing that they will hold politicians and businesses accountable, and creatively advocate for a healthy Yukon economy. ~ Anonymous
YCS is working hard to protect the water, wildlife and the the intact eco-systems that my business depends on. I also support YCS because the Yukon's wild places are valuable for themselves and for the future generations. The Yukon is a stronger place because of the hard work YCS is doing and has done in the past. Thank-you YCS! ~ Blaine Walden, Walden’s Guiding
Yukon’s healthy biodiversity is as important to our local economy, as it is to the physical and spiritual health of our communities. That’s why I support Yukon Conservation Society. Because I know that YCS is an organization that recognizes the importance of the delicate balance of the human-nature relationship - YCS they work to protect our Mother Earth! ~ Bev Gray, Aroma Borealis
I support the Yukon Conservation Society because they are protecting the Yukon’s land, water, and wildlife for future generations. Please give them your support. Thank you. ~ Jimmy Johnny, elder of Nacho Nyak Dun First Nation
Tell us why you support YCS. Send your message to email@example.com
This page was last updated Nov 20th, 2012